Prom Photography from JCPenney Portraits
Tips & Tricks for your Studio Session
- Unsure about what background to choose? Ask your photographer for advice. Our studio associates are trained to help you select which background is appropriate for your wardrobe and group size.
- Plan accordingly for group size. If your session includes more than 7 guests, call your local studio in advance so they can make space accommodations.
- Complete the look from head to toe. Your photographer may suggest some full-length poses, so make sure your dress or suit is complete with the perfect pair of shoes or fresh manicure.
- Light backgrounds go best with light or neutral colored dresses and suits. Try to avoid light colors or patterns on darker backgrounds as they may overpower the image.
- If your session includes darker wardrobe choices, remember that dark attire tends to look best on dark photography backgrounds. This pairing is ideal for formal photography.
- Accessorize your dress or suit with a pop of color. Consider using corsages, jewelry, or neck ties to stand out with a bold color or subtle pattern.
From princess-worthy to major glam, get the complete head-to-toe look at JCPenney. Shop dresses and suits (pictured in the images below), makeovers at Sephora, prom hairstyles at JCPenney Salon and pre-prom photos at JCPenney Portraits!