Pet Photography Tips & Tricks
JCPenney Portraits strives to capture the unique personality of your pet in our studios. Pet photos can be used to show the growth of your animal over-time or to share with your family and friends. Our photographers are trained to get the best photo possible of your pet. Family pet sessions, individual pet photo sessions and pet sessions with children are all encouraged.
Planning your session
- Please call your closest studio for an appointment. Online appointment booking isn't available for pet sessions. Click here to find a studio close to you.
- Prior to your pet photography session, please fill out this pet waiver to speed up your in studio experience.
- If you would like a prop or blanket for your animal, please bring it with you. For sanitary reasons, our studios will not use provided props for animal photography sessions.
- Make sure your pet has gone to the bathroom before being brought into the studio. This will prevent accidents and help keep anxious pets at ease.
- Bring a supply of treats or a favorite toy for your pet just in case - animal cooperation is critical for good photos.
- Large dogs are allowed - we do not have a weight restriction.
- To view pet photo ideas, click here.
Pet Photo FAQ's
Are session fees charged for animals?
Yes, a pet will be treated like any other subject. They count as one session fee unless the customer's offer waives the session fee, or the customer is a portrait club member.
Can I use an offer for a pet session?
Yes, any offer can be used for a pet photo session, including pre-paid offers. To see our current offers, click here.
What is your service animal policy?
Service animals are welcome in all studios any time or day of the week. Sessions with service animals can be booked online or over the phone and our pet waiver is not necessary.