Prepare for your JCPenney Portraits Photography Session
Tips for Great Photos
- Keep clothing simple. Try to choose solid colors for your portraits.
- Our photographer may suggest a full-length pose. Make sure you coordinate your family's clothing from head to toe.
- Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green and other jewel-toned colors.
- Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces.
- Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in portraits. Click here for style ideas.
- Wear light on white. Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white photography backgrounds.
- Wear dark on dark. Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood in portraits.
- Add accents. Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties. To help you plan, we have created some color pallette ideas for our new stylse. Click on the styles to learn more: Classic Style, Charming Style or Rustic Style.
Props and Backgrounds
- Ask your photographer for advice. If you're not sure what you want in your photos, our photographers can help you choose a background that suits your needs.
- Add in your personality. Bring your own props for a personal touch. Consider items such as baby blanket, stuffed animal, or a special toy. Get additional prop ideas and view our prop portfolio to enhance your photos.