Tips for Great Photos
- Keep clothing simple. Try to choose solid colors for your photo session.
- Our photographer may suggest a full-length pose. Make sure you coordinate your family's clothing from head to toe.
- Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green and other jewel-toned colors.
- Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces.
- Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in photos.
- Wear light on white. Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white photography backgrounds.
- Wear dark on dark. Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood.
- Add accents. Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties.
Props and Backgrounds
- Ask your photographer for advice. If you're not sure what you want in your photos, our photographers can help you choose a background that suits your needs.
- Add in your personality. Bring your own props for a personal touch. Consider items such as baby blanket, stuffed animal, or a special toy. Get additional prop ideas and view our prop portfolio to enhance your photos.